Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Drugstore Dupes for Lancome Foundations



                                                                         




It's not hard to believe I'm makeup-obsessed due to the fact that I used to work for a cosmetics department (you'll be able to guess one of the brands soon) and am a freelance makeup artist, but my beauty habits started much before that. It's one of those things that just stick. But honestly, what girl doesn't enjoy makeup? With the exception of some, most girls take advantage of what cosmetics have to offer. But, what girl enjoys the price tag? Unless you have deep pockets, and even then, slim to none.

Of course, products with with a higher price point might be worth the paper, but is that always necessarily the case?
I've been exposed, if not purchased, tons of makeup and product. My current foundations are all Lancome, and if you are familiar with the brand then you might know most Lancome foundations are around $44.00 plus sales tax.



 Of all of my Lancome foundations, I was absolutely obsessed with one:

                                             

Photogenic Lumessence. It has one shade that seems to absolutely suit my skin tone, a great heavy coverage - leaving me with picture perfect skin, and stayed put throughout the day. But when I'm running low, I really don't want to shell out the $44 for it. So with that said, I'm on the lookout for a dupe. Have I found one yet? Close.
                                         
 Revlon Colorstay Foundation. It's amazing coverage, matte finish, and stays put. Although I will say it  does feel a bit heavy on the skin, but that doesn't mean it can't be blended out properly. This is my first choice for being picture perfect.

Quick tip: If you love Lancome, try out some L'Oreal products. Lancome is owned by L'Oreal and a plethora of their product lines (ranging from makeup to skincare) is eerily similar in ingredients. (Hint, hint - If you like Lancome serums but don't enjoy the high prices, now you know where to look.)


                                             
Now, another Lancome foundation I adore for lighter-coverage days is Teint Miracle. Its a medium-buildable coverage with a glowing-dewy finish that makes anyone's skin look refreshed. I don't feel like I need to explain any further why people love it! But do people love it enough to succumb to the $44 price tag? Some do. I, on the other hand, don't. When it comes to duping this foundation, it's a little bit harder, and I'm still looking for that close-to-perfect match, but I found something so cheap that I think it's a worthwhile replacement.

                                                              
The replacement I've come up with for Teint Miracle is only around $4, slashing $40 off the price tag. It's not an exact dupe, but it's pretty darn close. It is the Rimmel Clean Finish foundation. It comes in a decent shade range and leaves you with a dewy finish. This foundation is not perfect, but it is my everyday pick. It has light coverage, so a concealer is necessary. If applied with the fingers, it can look a little oily. I found that when applied with a flat-topped foundation brush, buffed into the skin, that it settled nicely. This foundation definite needs to be set with a powder, but not too much, or it will cake. I would recommend a primer, but that might oxidize this foundation. It's always worth trying because everyone's skin is different. Once set, this foundation looked like skin. I loved it! And for such a steal, I'd say it's worth it when you just need something to wear everyday.

If you are looking for the least amount of effort in your routine, I'd go with the Revlon Colorstay. It is heavy enough to cover most imperfections and leaves a flawless finish, but can leave the skin feeling a little heavy.
If you are feeling very frugal (like I was!) and want something with a light coverage, Rimmel Clean Finish will be fantastic for you.

Unfortunately, I am still looking for a perfect match to contest Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra. The new formulation looks almost like real skin. I am out to find that perfect match!

Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for this useful article! I love Lancome, but never got the courage to buy anything yet since it is expensive. I think I will only buy Lancome's perfumes if they had a gift set included. I will go out on a hunt for the Rimmel London Clean Finish, if they still make it! Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete